What if we disagree on everything?

If you and the other party disagree on the relief asked for in the Petition for Dissolution you may need to consult with an attorney for advice. You may also want to file a response within the required timeframe.

If after consultation with an attorney and/or attending a Resolution Management Conference, an Expedited Differentiated Case Management Conference, or any other court hearing, you still cannot agree, you may need to ask for a Trial.

In cases where a Petition for Dissolution and an answer / response have been filed with the court, you can file a Motion to Set. This Motion tells the Court that you want to go forward with the trial and that discovery is completed.

Show All Answers

1. What if we disagree on everything?
2. What is a Trial?
3. How do I prepare for a Trial?