The justice courts in Arizona, have exclusive jurisdiction or the authority to hear all civil actions when the amount involved, exclusive of interest, costs and awarded attorney fees when authorized by law, is $10,000.00 or less.
The Rules of Civil Procedure for the Superior Court of Arizona are followed in Justice Courts. In a regular civil proceeding either party may be represented by an attorney. If you elect to represent yourself you have a responsibility to yourself and to the court to acquire sufficient knowledge to complete the forms properly and to follow your action through to conclusion.
Carefully read the Civil packet in the “How-To” section of this website before filling out any forms. Determine the proper venue for filing your claim. Select the name of the court by clicking the drop down arrow at the top of the form.
Fill in all the fields that apply to you as the plaintiff or defendant. You will not be able to type information into those parts of the form reserved for court staff.
Print out at least three completed copies of the form and bring them to the court with your fee (copy for you and a copy for each defendant (including any attorneys) listed).
You also may bring one completed form and have the court make four copies for you (you will be charged a $.50 per page copy fee if you choose this method).
If You Are a Defendant Filing a Counterclaim
The instructions for filling out and filing a counterclaim are the same as those for filing an initial civil lawsuit. When filing the counterclaim you must submit your answer to the plaintiff’s complaint at the same time you submit your counterclaim filing.
Note: You can save completed forms to your computer’s hard drive. If you want to clear the entire form to start over, click on the reset tab at the bottom of the page.
- Acceptance of Service (PDF)
- Agreement to Entry of Judgment - Settle and Dismiss (PDF)
- Answer (PDF)
- Answer Packet (PDF)
- Application for Default with Instructions (PDF)
- Application for Entry of Default Packet (PDF)
- Collect Money Judgment Packet (PDF)
- Complaint (PDF)
- Complaint and Summons Self Help Packet (PDF)
- Counterclaim (PDF)
- Counterclaim Packet (PDF)
- How to Designate and Serve a Party (PDF)
- Information for Collecting a Money Judgment (PDF)
- Information for Filing Defending Civil Case in Justice Court (PDF)
- Motion Affidavit for Change of Venue for Cause with Order (PDF)
- Motion and Affidavit for Change of Venue For Cause with Order (PDF)
- Motion for Change of Venue - Improper Venue Packet (PDF)
- Motion to Set Aside - Vacate Judgement (PDF)
- Reply to Counterclaim (PDF)
- Reply to Counterclaim Packet (PDF)
- Response - Reply to Motion (PDF)
- Satisfaction of Judgment (PDF)
- Summons (PDF)
- Venue Improper - Motion Affidavit and Response (PDF)
- Venue Improper - Order (PDF)
- Who is Authorized to Appear on a Civil Case (PDF)
- Agreement to Entry of Judgment - Settle and Dismiss - Spanish (PDF)
- Answer - Spanish (PDF)
- Application for Default with Instructions - Spanish (PDF)
- Complaint - Spanish (PDF)
- Counterclaim - Spanish (PDF)
- How to Designate and Serve a Party - Spanish (PDF)
- Information for Collecting a Money Judgment - Spanish (PDF)
- Motion to Set Aside - Vacate Judgement - Spanish (PDF)
- Reply to Counterclaim - Spanish (PDF)
- Summons - Spanish (PDF)
- Venue Improper - Motion Affidavit Response - Spanish (PDF)
- Venue Improper - Order - Spanish (PDF)
AzTurboCourt is an online service provided by the Arizona Supreme Court that will walk you through the process of completing the civil complaint form. There is a $15 fee for using this service. Once you have printed the forms you must file them with the court. To determine filing fees, visit our Filing Fees page. Begin using AZTurboCourt by visiting their website.